Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This "Mom" Thing

Okay, here's the thing: I love words. Words fascinate me because there are an infinite number of combinations of them you can concoct to say whatever you want. Things you'd never even thought to say, with a little thought, you can say. It's just math really, plug in the words to the formula and you create meaning. I love it. (Which is weird because I hate math)



And here's the thing about this well, mom thing. Once you are one, you get to utter the most fantastic phrases, noun and verb and adjective combinations that you never imagined would escape your lips. That's how this all started, as a Facebook post the moment I realized I was saying one of those mom things like, every second of the day. Being a mom changes the word formula forever.



I quickly realized though, that better than what I was saying all day, were the words that came from the mouth of my daughter Charlotte, (Toots) who will be three in May, when she was doing her toddler thing. (Actually that's more of a thang. Yeah, that's a thang alright. She puts some stank on it.) I mean, think of it, the word formula is being applied to a brain that interprets the world in a completely fresh way. What could be better?



So that's what this blog is. The results of the word formula being applied to that cool little brain I love so much. The first few posts will be a trip down memory lane for those of you on Facebook, a catalog of all the things Toots and I have said since I started writing it all down.



Enjoy, and visit often!

No comments:

Post a Comment